Monday, August 25, 2008

What's in a name?

What’s in a name?

So what’s the big deal? After listening to more than twelve months of Obama defending his Christianity, lack of Muslim, and Islam ties and adamantly aligning himself with pro-American western views, he has chosen a guy named Biden, Joe Biden. It’s almost like, Bond, James Bond. Together they could be: Obama-Biden. I can see John Candy now in the movie, Uncle Buck, “Bug? Insect? Are you seeing the similarities?”

I see Obama’s reasoning here: He went for the old fart card which, he played rather well, appeasing the Kennedy and former first Bush fans for this election. Biden gives a faux conservative flex of this power team muscle, enabling those older voters who can’t handle another four years of Bushisms and ride-em-high politics to vote for someone who refuses to use Grecian formula. But come on-really? Obama-Biden. Doesn’t have the same appeal as Bradgelina. Instead it has an after taste, like Biliary.

Obama Bin Laden? Are you seeing the similarities? I could see Obama strutting the last of this campaign leg, confident that his Obamamania politics will downplay the unfortunate name partnership. Sounds to me like someone forgot to use the P.Q.I (Predictive quantities indicator)of the G.L.M(global language monitor) of Obama’s campaign committee. I mean come on! Does anyone on his advisory committee play scrabble? You're just missing three letters which could be substituted with blanks. And when it comes right down to it, by the time we get to the polls having been inundated with campaign telemarketers, commercials, mind-numbing media coverage and political endorsements, our minds are blank and we could probably fill in the blanks with campaign vomit.

It’s kind of like this real estate agent I met, just her first name, Lola. A few times after she showed the house across the street, she asked if I wanted to go out to lunch. Something about the way she asked launched my Gaydor into overdrive. Gracefully declining, I was happy to see she had moved on from the area, no longer gawking at me as I hastily retrieved my mail and we avoided a potentially awkward conversation. And then it all made sense when I saw the SOLD sign with agent listed as: Liptrap. Lola Liptrap.

Obama Biden. The name speaks for itself.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

Like I say, I write in "Bozo the Clown" under the presidential section on my voting ticket. I think that's probably why I'm no longer receiving those dad blasted telemarketing calls. If all of this is for the people, I gotta know, WHO ARE THE PEOPLE?

Excellent post, Annekins!

XOXO