Friday, September 26, 2008

dark comedy, dark comments

Hey band camp fans and members!



Happy Friday band camp readers and members! It’s been a long week! OK, first I want to thank everyone for getting the word out about auditions for The Husband Whisperer. Our cast and director are fantastic! (Was there ever any doubt?)

Just a note for whomever, “anonymous” is from the comments sections of the audition announcements of this blog: Wow! Someone forgot to take their V-8, or maybe prune juice? Perhaps they need a happy pill? If you go to the trouble of leaving a comment, can’t you at least come up with something more than, “This isn’t a black comedy,” to add? I am assuming anonymous is involved in some way with the production of our play and that said, anonymous should have the courtesy to email me and leave me some tidbit into your experience in the theater. Perhaps even some constructive criticism of the script?

Not to give anything away, but a "black" or dark comedy in my mind (though I can derive from your lone comment that you possibly think I have no brains), encompass a dark current throughout the script. It does, but scantily. We didn’t want it to be morose or foreboding. In life and on the silver screen, isn’t there enough production of “Quentin Tarantino” type of storylines, plots and thinly veiled threats?
So, in my defense, miss or mister anonymous, I can only say, yes, you are correct. The Husband Whisperer isn't a "black" nor dark comedy traditionally speaking, but it has some "black" and dark comedy in it. Hope you all have a fabu weekend! Mark your calendars for our play, The Husband Whisperer..a um, dark comedy about imperfect women attempting to create the perfect man.

http://www.birdcagetheatre.net

1 comment:

Kathie said...

Hey, Anne,

You've been tagged to participate in the "Mutation Meme!" For information and instructions, visit my blog at: http://ejourn.net/journal/archives/457. Lemme know when you've finished! :)

Love ya,
Kath